An AIW is a statement about a significant action, event, or development in the world that necessitates immediate engagement and action among UU member congregations and groups.
There were 6 submissions and, per the UUA bylaws, there can only be 3 admitted to the GA Agenda. During the next week, Rev. Victoria–who is representing VIUU at GA–would like your vote on the three AIWs to admit to the agenda for further discussion and to eventually vote on for adoption.
Click the links below to read about the 6 AIWs to consider:
- Protect the Dreamers, the Recipients of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrival (DACA) with a Pathway to Permanent Residence
- Urgent Call to Action: Embracing the Goals and Provision of the Treaty on the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons
- Code Red for Humanity: The Climate Impacts of Military Emissions
- Organizing for Health Equity
- Not on Our Watch, Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine and Call for Action
- Rise Up to Stop Cop City
Submit your vote by June 12 in order to be counted.